Goldman Sachs Announces 2022 10,000 Small Businesses Summit, The Largest Gathering of Small Business Owners in the U.S.
- More than 2,500 small business owners head to Washington, D.C. July 19-20 to define the future of America’s small business agenda and power our economic recovery
- Featured speakers include Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon, Warren Buffett, Michael Bloomberg, Gwyneth Paltrow, Emma Grede, Senator Ben Cardin, Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Tim Scott, Senator Kyrsten Sinema and more
- Goldman Sachs to host over 400 meetings with lawmakers as small businesses call on Congress to reauthorize the Small Business Administration for the first time in over 20 years
NEW YORK, NY, June 29, 2022 – Goldman Sachs today announced the 2022 10,000 Small Businesses Summit to bring together more than 2,500 small business owners from across the country – the largest gathering of its kind in the U.S – from July 19-20. The Summit will be held over two days at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center and Nationals Park where thousands of small business owners and alumni of Goldman Sachs’ 10,000 Small Businesses education program, top entrepreneurs, members of congress, and administration officials will come together to define the future of America’s small business agenda. Following the pandemic and amid historic inflation, supply chain and workforce challenges, the Summit will bring together policymakers to share solutions to accelerate growth and create jobs to power our economic recovery.
Small business owners will also hold over 400 meetings with lawmakers to advocate for policies and legislation affecting them, including access to capital, workforce and competitiveness, childcare and government contracting. They are calling on Congress to do something it hasn’t done in over twenty years: reauthorize the Small Business Administration to meet the needs of today’s small businesses.
“Driving inclusive growth starts with supporting small businesses and providing them with the tools they need to create jobs and power our economy,” said David Solomon, Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO. “That’s why Goldman Sachs began 10,000 Small Businesses more than a decade ago and why we are proud to bring our community together to host the largest ever gathering of small business owners in the U.S.”
“Small business owners across the country are facing the most difficult environment in more than a generation, yet we are resilient and continue to pivot, adapt and grow,” said Jessica Johnson-Cope, President of Johnson Security Bureau in The Bronx, NY and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Voices National Leadership Council Chair. “The 10,000 Small Businesses Summit will bring our thousands of small businesses together to make our voices heard during hundreds of meetings with lawmakers on critical issues, including access to capital, workforce and competitiveness, childcare and government contracting.”
View the full list of speakers and lawmakers attending the Summit here. Featured speakers include:
- Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
- Michael Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Gwyneth Paltrow, CEO and Founder, goop
- Emma Grede, Co-Founder and CEO, Good American
- Aman Bhutani, CEO, GoDaddy
- Alli Webb, Founder, Drybar
- Ann Colgin, Founder and Co-CEO Colgin Cellars
- Rebecca Minkoff, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, REBECCAMINKOFF
- Marcus Samuelsson, Chef, Author, TV Personality, and Restaurateur
- U.S. Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD)
- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
- U.S. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC)
- U.S. Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ)
- Mori Taheripour, Faculty, The Wharton School School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Melissa Bradley, Co-Founder, Ureeka and Managing Partner at 1863 Ventures
- Brian Rudolph, Co-Founder and CEO, Banza
- Jackie Reses, Chief Executive Officer, Post House Capital, Chairwoman, Economic Advisory Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Co-author, Self-Made Boss
- Lauren Weinberg, CMO of Square, Co-author of Self Made Boss
- Katie Sturino, Founder, Megababe
- Richard Bliss, Faculty, Babson College
Over the past decade, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses has deployed $750 million to support small businesses across the country – reaching more than 12,800 small business owners across all 50 states. Alumni collectively represent over $17.3 billion in revenues and employ 245,000 people. Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses also provides capital and capacity building grants to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and other mission-driven lenders with more than $1.6 billion committed through CDFIs reaching over 37,000+ small businesses to date. Goldman Sachs has committed to reaching 20,000 small businesses through this program.
Over the course of the Summit, small business owners will gain insights from business leaders, visionaries and policymakers on best practices for growing businesses and driving economic growth, hiring talent, building brands and more.
DAY 1 OF SUMMIT:
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
July 19, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The first day of the Summit will include interactive programming where small business owners will hear from industry leaders and experts, as well as attend breakout sessions that focus on optimizing business growth, ranging from best practices for effective hiring, to accessing capital, leadership and more. Participants will have the opportunity to network, learn and meet thousands of fellow 10,000 Small Businesses alumni from across the country.
DAY 2 OF SUMMIT:
Nationals Park Baseball Stadium
July 20, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
On day two of the Summit, the 10,000 Small Businesses community will collectively meet with over 400 congressional offices in a single day to advocate for bipartisan solutions to support small businesses across the country on issues such as the reauthorization of the SBA, access to capital, workforce and competitiveness, child care, and government contracting.
About 10,000 Small Businesses
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses launched over a decade ago to provide best-in-class business education along with access to capital and support services. It has reached more than 12,800 small business owners across all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C. to date. Learn more at www.gs.com/10ksb.com
About 10,000 Small Businesses Voices
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Voices, which in April marked its two-year anniversary, builds on this initiative and organizes program participants to advocate for policies that matter to them. Learn more at www.gs.com/10ksb-voices
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial institution that delivers a broad range of financial services across investment banking, securities, investment management and consumer banking to a large and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs & Co.
+1 212 902 5400
Learn more about the 10,000 Small Businesses Summit: Small Business. Big Voices.