Veterans Integration Program
At Goldman Sachs, we are committed to supporting our military veterans and believe that diversity in experience is an asset to the firm.
Aimed at supporting military personnel transitioning to the civilian workforce, the Goldman Sachs Veteran's Integration Program (VIP) serves as a cornerstone experience for candidates looking to explore what their career within the firm could look like.
VETERANS AND ARMED FORCES INTEGRATION PROGRAMS
Americas Veterans Integration Program (VIP)
The Goldman Sachs Veteran’s Integration Program provides candidates the opportunity to hone their skills, connect with mentors, and discover the range of opportunities available to them as a transitioning veteran. This one-year, specially curated experience will contain two core stages:
Stage 1: Professional development, skill building, and network growth
- Have an aligned a mentor who will advocate on their behalf throughout the program and application process
- Learn more about the opportunities available within our divisions
- Attend interview and resume workshops aimed at connecting a wide range of military experience to the candidate's roles of interest
- Increase their understanding of the financial markets through our Capital Markets series
- Network with senior leaders and members of the Goldman Sachs Veteran’s Network
- Leverage a learning engagement platform that allows for connectivity between program participants and GS professionals outside of scheduled sessions
Stage 2: Online skill enhancement, mentor connectivity, and application guidance
Following the four-week training, candidates will continue to receive ongoing support through:
- Robust online technical skills training with an emphasis on professional interest identification and role-alignment
- Continued guidance from both our diversity and experienced hire recruiting teams as they explore and apply for open roles
- Mentor connectivity throughout the year to increase candidate advocacy regardless of application timeline and ensure opportunities for support are clear and accessible
- VIP Stage 1: January – February, 2022
- VIP Stage 2: March – December, 2022
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year of military service
- Military separation date between January 2019 and December 2022
- Open to both enlisted and commissioned personnel
Applications for this program are closed. Please check back in the summer for 2023 programming information.
EMEA Veterans Integration Programme (VIP) 2022
Our EMEA Veterans Integration Programme provides access to our firm through an 8-week internship where you will be able to leverage your military skills such as leadership, teamwork, and problem solving. During the course, we run a number of events and initiatives to support the class with their transition into civilian life, such as a Capital Markets training session, a Senior Speaker Series and Networking Lunches. The class then spend the rest of the internship with their respective divisions on the desk and are expected to deliver a project in some form. We will then work with the class to support and guide them with interview preparation for full-time roles at Goldman Sachs.
Programme Dates: 8 weeks, from 7th February – 1st April 2022.
Application window for 2022 programme: 20th September - 17th October 2021.
Applicants should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of one year military service
- Must have exited full time military service by 7th February 2022
- Must not have entered full time paid employment since leaving the service
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Interest in financial markets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
India Armed Forces Integration Program
Launched in 2014, the 12-week Goldman Sachs Armed Forces Integration Program (AFIP) provides officers joining the workforce after serving in the armed forces with an opportunity to develop their professional skills, strengthen their understanding of financial services and prepare for future careers in the industry. Learn more