1. What information should I have ready before applying?
Please refer to our Application Checklist.
2. What format should my CV/resume be in?
- File type of Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, Text or PDF
- Not password protected
- Not saved as read-only
Please note: Resumes and CVs must not contain any information that is confidential or proprietary to a third party (including former employers) and must not contain Confidential Supervisory Information or any other government-related information that is proprietary or confidential. Please delete any such information from your resume or CV before submitting it to Goldman Sachs.
Resume / CV (Max size: 5 MB)
Important: If your CV/resume does not meet these standards, our system will not be able to accept it.
3. For a given program, can I apply to multiple locations/divisions?
Candidates can apply to multiple locations and/or divisions at any time.
4. I am unable to find a specific location in the drop down box but I know Goldman Sachs has an office in that location?
If you cannot find a location within the ‘Location’ filter then this means there are no open roles in that location at that time.
5. Will the number of divisions or locations I apply for affect my chances of selection?
When selecting a division and location please only select what you are actually interested in. The number of division and location combinations you choose does not impact your chance for success; it simply helps us understand what you are interested in but you should be clear as to why you are motivated to apply for different locations/divisions.
6. Should I still apply if I didn’t study business or economics?
Yes – We actively seek to recruit talented people from all academic backgrounds to the firm.
7. Can I apply to a location for which I currently do not have a work visa?
We cannot advise you on your work eligibility status, but we do not reject any candidate because of his or her need to obtain appropriate work authorization. You are free to apply to any division or region of interest and we will consider your application(s) for the corresponding areas of the firm.
It should be noted that any offer of employment issued will be subject to immigration approval being obtained prior to your start date with us.
8. I need to answer “yes” to one of the disclosure questions. What does this mean for my application?
This will not preclude consideration of your application but there are certain regulatory processes which Goldman Sachs needs to perform for people who disclose so we will need to start this process as early as possible.
9. Do I have to complete my application in one session?
No. Prior to submitting you can save information and come back to the application at any time.
Important: Once you have submitted your application you do not have the ability to edit your preferences, you can only go back to edit your personal contact information.
10. Can I check my status online?
Yes. You can check your application status by logging back into the Application System.
11. Can I edit my application or update my CV/resume in the application after it has been submitted?
Yes. Once you log back into the system you can replace an existing resume/CV with an updated version. This resume is associated to your profile for each application you submit.
12. When can I expect to hear back regarding the status of my submission?
To the extent that there is interest in your candidacy, a member of our recruiting team will contact you with more information. You may check the status of your application on the Application System.
13. Can I withdraw my application?
Yes. You can login to your account on the Application System and self-withdraw your application by selecting withdraw from the ‘Past Job Submittals’ section.
If you are having difficulties withdrawing or have questions about modifying your application please contact email@example.com.