My Summer at Goldman Sachs: Sarah
Sarah joined Goldman Sachs for a 10-week Summer Analyst Internship in the Securities Division this past summer. She shares some insights below.
- Hometown: Brighton, Michigan
- Studying at University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Management & Organizations
- Internship: Summer Analyst Internship in the Securities Division in New York
ABOUT HER INTERNSHIP:
Supported broad functions on three different teams in a rotational program:
- Multi-asset Platform Sales
- Prime Brokerage Sales and Cap Intro
- Client Relationship Management Strategy
MOST SUPRISING PART OF THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
“The prevalence of support at all levels of leadership at Goldman Sachs was what surprised me most this summer. People who I had just met did not hesitate to provide resources, give insights, and collaborate. By collaborating, we all elevated ourselves.”
“I had many mentors this summer, who I met organically and were matched with by the firm. They authentically invested in me, encouraging my work and supporting my development."
TAKEAWAYS FROM THE EXPERIENCE:
“I didn’t have to change myself at all to fit in. You can be 100% yourself. I felt just as intellectually stimulated as I do at school. People are energetic and authentic and I found that brings them closer together.”